The NKADD is seeking a qualified individual for the full-time position of positive choices care Manager. This is NOT a remote position.
Do you have a heart for serving your community? Are you a hard-working individual looking for a family-friendly work environment that offers a strong benefit package including health and dental insurance, county employee retirement benefits, and a generous leave schedule? Come to work for the Northern Kentucky Area Development District (NKADD)! We are a local government agency and a public non-profit committed to serving our community.
The Care Manager is responsible for providing comprehensive care management services to Humana Medicare plan members suffering from addiction to alcohol or other drugs (AOD) and members with chronic health conditions which result in multiple emergency room visits. The Care Manager provides proactive outreach and ongoing care management to these members.
Salary: $35,000-$38,000 Annually.
- Provide comprehensive case management services to members.
- Conduct assessments, engage the members with their own self-care, assist with development of an action plan, provide interventions, and refer to substance use treatment and other community-based supports.
- Conducts initial telephonic outreach to assess emergent needs, gather demographic information and introduce the Positive Choices program.
- Conducts Initial Home Visit with the member and administers the ANSA assessment.
- Performs additional evidenced based assessments and interventions as indicated. These include AWARE, PHQ -2, PHQ -9 and the SBIRT.
- Develops a community-based crisis plan with the member and educates them around potential triggers for a crisis. Engages them with problem solving to determine their supports/strengths.
- Responds to Significant Event alerts regarding a member’s hospitalization or ER visit according to guidelines established. Conducts an in person visit in facility or at home and reviews conditions precipitating event, coordinates referral to either inpatient or out-patient substance use treatment providers, and/or refers to other community supports as appropriate. Empowers member to follow up with medical appointments and adhere to medical plan of care.
- Coordinates referrals to substance use treatment providers for inpatient detox, intensive out-patient treatment, out-patient treatment, inpatient rehab facilities and community-based recovery and support groups as appropriate.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Possess Kentucky Chemical Dependency Certification or be a Kentucky Licensed Social Worker.
- Minimum of 3 years post degree experience working with individuals with substance use, addiction, and behavioral health conditions.
- Skilled in Motivational Interviewing techniques.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of issues related to the mental and behavioral health population.
- Knowledge of the individual, family, social and the individuals needs in order to engage in positive choices with addiction.
- Tolerant, empathetic, good interviewing capability.
- Knowledge of community resources within Northern Kentucky a plus.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel within the region for meetings and trainings and for home visits.
- Proficient computer skills including the Windows operating systems, MS Word, MS Excel, data entry and the ability to learn new software applications as needed.
Special Position Requirements:
- This position requires travel and off-site work; valid driver’s license and insurance required.
- Work is performed typically indoors in an office setting.
- It requires intermittent standing, sitting, or stooping.
- Work requires consistent use of computer and phone system as well as other office equipment as well as mental capabilities.
Agency Expectation Statement:
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to:
- Be knowledgeable and follows all policies and procedures set by NKADD. Support the overall work and functions of NKADD.
- Interact professionally with, other employees, customers /clients, outside agencies and the community. Show dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Show commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership of work.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- $36,000-$38,000 annually.
Excellent benefits package:
- Medical Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Life Insurance ($25,000 policy).
- Vision Insurance Reimbursement ($150 per year).
- Optional - Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Optional - KY Deferred Compensation Contribution.
- Optional - Additional Life Insurance.
- CERS Retirement.
- 10 paid holidays; 2 floating paid holidays.
- 10+ days of Vacation leave per year.
- 10+ days of Sick leave per year.
- Flexible or Alternate schedule available, upon approval.
Resume with cover letter may be sent to Jessica Norris, HR at email@example.com.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance if this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, requirements or responsibilities.