Northern Kentucky Area Development District
- Position Title: Meals Eligibility Specialist-Resource Counselor.
- Division: HS Work Location: Florence Exempt Status - Non-Exempt.
- Supervisor: Homecare CM Supervisor.
- Supervises N/A.
- Salary: $31,000-$34,000.
This is specialized work in providing program assistance for Home Delivered Meals and ADRC. This position is specifically responsible for telephone reassurance and in-home assessments for Home Delivered Meal clients. Additionally, this position will provide back up to other resource counselors for implementation and coordination of the information and assistance program.
Duties are performed under general supervision.
- Complete monthly calls to clients regarding the Home Delivered Meal Program.
- Complete In-Home reviews to retrieve appropriate documentation. This includes filling out any required forms to determine ongoing eligibility for the program.
- Coordinate and Communicate with Meal Providers on a regular basis.
- Maintain adequate and precise case notes for every client.
- Complete required follow-up with clients and providers.
- Coordinate with the appropriate staff should the client have an increase or change in service needs.
- Screens consumers for complex problems/issues.
- Identifies long term support options, counsels on, and refers to appropriate options, and/or if necessary, assist with established contact and navigating the system.
- Creates electronic client contact form.
- Provides information and referrals to both professional and non-professional consumers.
- Assist with program operations as requested.
- Assist with initial contact of the public, as well as public and private agencies/organizations service providers through phone, email, and walk-in contacts and internal staff.
- Facilitate or participate in one-to-one interpersonal communications with clients of the agency, with other staff members and with members of the Board of Directors, advisory committees, and other related agency bodies.
- Works collaboratively with other Case Management/ADRC staff to develop and maintain electronic data base about traditional and non-traditional services and programs available.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED required with 1 year of experience and knowledge of the aging and disabilities populations and programs and one (1) year of experience working in a Resource Center/Call Center Setting.
- Experience with data bases etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the concepts, theories, and practices of programs.
- Ability to provide technical assistance to local officials and other agency staff in the area of aging and disabilities.
- Ability to write and speak effectively.
- Skill in the interpretation of local, state, and federal directives, guidelines, and laws.
- Ability to prepare written materials in a neat, concise, and accurate manner.
- Ability to make and verify arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Work is performed through intermittent standing, sitting, or stooping.
- Ability to make sound judgments.
- Operates basic office equipment as needed to perform duties.
- Able to function with frequent interruptions.
- Good knowledge of safe work practices and ability to apply them in workday situations.
Special Position Requirements:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive with to home visits and other meetings and visits throughout all the NKADD counties.
- Work is performed typically indoors in an office setting.
- It requires intermittent standing, sitting, or stooping.
- Work requires consistent use of computer and phone system as well as other office equipment as well as mental capabilities.
- Some travel may be required.
- This position requires coverage of a call line during business hours and therefore most of work time will include extensive phone calls.
Agency Expectation Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to:
- Be knowledgeable and follow all policies and procedures set by NKADD. Support the overall work and functions of NKADD.
- Interact professionally with, other employees, customers /clients, outside agencies and the community. Show dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Show commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership of work.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
Excellent benefits package:
- Medical Insurance - 100% coverage for a single Individual.
- 10+ days of Vacation leave per year.
- 10+ days of Sick leave per year.
- Flexible or Alternate schedule is available, upon approval.
- Dental Insurance.
- CERS Retirement.
- Life Insurance ($25,000 policy).
- Vision Insurance Reimbursement ($150 per year).
- Optional - Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Optional - KY Deferred Compensation Contribution.
- Optional - Additional Life Insurance.
Please contact Jessica Norris, Human Resources if you are interested at email@example.com. Thank you!
Date Created: 3-3-21.
Date Revised: 5-10-23.
Date Approved: __________.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance if this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, requirements, or responsibilities.