Do you have a heart for serving your community? Are you a hard-working individual looking for a family-friendly work environment that offers a strong benefits package including health and dental insurance, county employee retirement benefits, and a generous leave schedule? Come to work for the Northern Kentucky Area Development District (NKADD)! We are a local government agency and a public non-profit committed to serving our community.
The NKADD is seeking a qualified individual for the full-time position of Resource Counselor. This position is an integral part of the Agency’s Resource Center that helps to serve seniors, caregivers, and those with disabilities. The position of Resource Counselor necessitates the ability to respectfully interview/assess/counsel those requesting information; multi-task by listening, entering information and at times looking up resources/info all at once; complete timely paperwork and database entry; meet required deadlines consistently, and to deliver excellent customer service. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate high personal integrity, a desire to serve, and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED required with 1 year of experience and knowledge of the aging and disabilities populations and programs. A combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Customer Service expertise including exceptional listening skills; familiarity with community resources and services for seniors is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with the Medicaid waiver is a plus.
- Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong computer skills related to databases, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and the Internet are required.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of excellent attendance and commitment to a team-oriented work environment.
- $30,000-$34,000 annually.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, requirements or responsibilities.