Northern Kentucky Area Development District
- Position Title: Staff Accountant (FT).
- Division: F&A/ FMA.
- Work Location: Florence.
- Exempt Status: Exempt.
- Supervisor: Finance Director.
- Salary: $45,000 - $55,000 Annually.
- This is a moderately specialized accounting position.
- This position primarily involves the accounting and administrative functions related to in-house programs which include assistance in processing payroll for the agency and providing on-going assistance to the Finance Director.
- The position is performed under moderate supervision.
- Assists with payroll processing for the Aging & Disability Services Waiver program while maintaining all payroll reports, spreadsheets, and files.
- Assists with payroll processing for the NKADD while maintaining all payroll reports, spreadsheets, and files.
- Ensures all related payroll taxes and required payroll items are remitted correctly.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Completes and reconciles agency program billings on a monthly basis; works with vendors and internal divisions to ensure invoices are in compliance with billing processes and program guidelines.
- Processes & assists with Medicaid billing.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
- Makes adjustments to accounts as needed.
- Assists with W-2s annual filings.
- Assists in processing 1099 annual filings.
- Prepares detailed program reports, as needed.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual audit.
- Prepares analysis of programs, periodically.
- Provides back-up services to various accounting functions as needed.
- Performs filing and other administrative functions as needed.
- Enters program data for the Aging & Disability Services Division.
- Attends and participates in meetings.
- Assists in other projects within the FMA & Finance & Administration Divisions.
- Participates and assists in agency related functions as needed or required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field with 2 - 3 years related experience in general accounting (billing, payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable); or any combination of training and experience that provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative professional relationships with internal customers and external as needed.
- Knowledge of the concepts, theories, principles, and practices of financial management.
- Mathematical skills and abilities.
- Skill in the interpretation of local, state, and federal directives, guidelines, and laws.
- Knowledge of professional accounting, accounts receivable and payable and general payroll and timesheet principles and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of modern bookkeeping practices, procedures, equipment, and clerical techniques.
- Ability to maintain moderately complex financial and clerical records and to prepare reports in a neat, concise, and accurate manner.
- Ability and skill to operate electronic data processing equipment and computer systems.
- Ability to accurately enter data into computer systems and use spreadsheets.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions quickly and accurately.
- Ability to appear for work in a timely way and complete assigned tasks within a reasonable period of time.
- Good knowledge of safe work practices and ability to apply them in workday situations.
Special Position Requirements:
- This position may require some travel for meetings and other needs of the agency.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Work is typically performed typical indoors in an office setting.
- It requires intermittent sitting, standing, or stooping (to file).
- Work requires consistent use of a computer, software programs, and phone system as well as other office equipment requiring auditory and visual skills and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Occasional travel required.
Agency Expectation Statement:
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to:
- To be knowledgeable and follow all policies and procedures set by NKADD. Support the overall work and functions of NKADD.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers /clients, outside agencies, and the community. Show dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Show commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership of work.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Maintain a level of confidentiality of NKADD employees and clients.
Excellent benefits package:
- Medical Insurance - 100% coverage for a single Individual.
- 10+ days of Vacation leave per year.
- 10+ days of Sick leave per year.
- Flexible or Alternate schedule is available, upon approval.
- Dental Insurance.
- CERS Retirement.
- Life Insurance ($25,000 policy).
- Vision Insurance Reimbursement ($150 per year).
- Optional - Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Optional - KY Deferred Compensation Contribution.
- Optional - Additional Life Insurance.
Date created: 05/12/2023 Date Approved __________ Revision: 12/01/23.
The job description above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, requirements, or responsibilities. The Northern Kentucky Area Development District reserves the right to modify this information at any time.